Mini Adventures in San Diego

Friday, June 27, 2014

If there's one thing you know living as a San Diegan within a stone throw of Pacific Beach, it's that THE Baked Bear is BOMB!  For those of you who may not be aware of The Baked Bear and all it's awesomeness, let me assure you it has nothing to with drugs or getting high (that's what I first thought when someone told me about it).  But on the contrary, it's this popular ice cream sandwich joint right next to a Urban Outfitters and Brandy Melville- heaven am I right?  There's a plethora of options to choose from, whether you want your sandwich made with two red velvet cookies and peanut butter fudge ice cream, or strawberry cheesecake ice cream sandwiched between one snicker doodle cookie and one waffle (my personal favorite).

I made a trip to this little slice of heaven with two of my closest friends Stephanie and Sarah (you'll most likely be hearing a lot about them in my stories) at the prime time of 10pm.  I wasn't really sure if I was up to the trip considering I was in the middle of designing new wedding and engagement cards for the Etsy shop, but I'm so happy we did.  After doing last minute window shopping in both Brandy and Urban, and promptly proceeding stuffing our faces with hot and cold delicious goodness, we decided to make a run to the near by CVS to buy some water- not paying $1.50 in the store just to hydrate myself.  

On our way home, since I'm the driver, of course we would get lost.  Getting lost was the best thing that could have happened to our night.  We ended up making a wrong turn that eventually led us up hill through a gorgeous neighborhood of what was surely million dollar homes, that hill somehow led us up another to the La Jolla Scenic.  The view was SPECTACULAR!!! Watching the San Diego city lights grow smaller as we continued to climb was breathtaking.  So breathtaking we decided to pull into a parking spot, get out of the car, and take it all in.  Watching the freeways busy with cars, and seeing my favorite landmarks, like The San Diego California Temple, light up in the distant night was amazing.  Turns out the big cross on the hill was the Mt. Soledad Veteran Memorial, its was beautiful. 

I was surprised that in all my 18 years of years of calling this wonderful place home, I've never taken in this sight.  Since it was so dark I couldn't snap any pictures, but Sarah and I already have plans to go back, so I'll definitely hook you guys up with some kick ass imagery.  

This night made me realize how luck I am to be living to life I am, with the people who mean the most to me.  I have beauty all around me and it's time I soak it all in. 

xo Ensley

No comments

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2014 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative