Rome Wasn't Built in 2 and Half Weeks

Monday, June 30, 2014

This has been a good past couple of days for Fanciful Faron.  Last week on Thursday I got approached on my Goodsmith's account to create a custom card!! I was over the moon!  The card was for a woman named Kim who has her own shop on Etsy.  After alerting her to fact I too have a shop on Etsy we decided to carry out the rest of the order there.  I was so nervous.  This was the first custom made card that someone was going to pay me to make for them.  It was for her soon-to-be daughter-in-law which meant it was a family present, even more important.  When I came up with the initial design I was shitting bricks over what she would think.  What if she hated?  That would have been a serious downer, but thank little baby Jesus she loved it.  I made a few changes and had it printed before leaving on the family trip to Disneyland.

Then yesterday on the second day of our Disneyland extravaganza, while walking to the park, my phone alerted me to the fact payment had just been put into my Paypal for yet another card order (over on my Goodsmith's account).  That makes two... count em'... TWO sales this week!!! 

This morning when I woke, I packaged and listed the custom card, got the files ready to print the other card ordered as well as some new designs for cards I made to list in my shop.  I also had to whip together a card for my Sarah and Stephanie's dad's birthday.  I told Sarah I'd make a card she could give him and she loved it!  I did too actually so I'll be listing it in the near future, with my next batch of listings. 

My Steve's birthday card.  It'll be available in the shop within the next week and half.


After I packaged all the cards, I printed my precious Etsy Shipping Labels and out they went.  Out to their new homes for their owners to give away.  It's quite beautiful if you think about it.  

I also took some time today to update my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages with new photos of behind the scenes work and some shots of my kickass weekend.  Not to mention, the time to sit down and write this blog post. Tonight I've still got to sit down and work out a lot of logistical functions of Fanciful Faron and make sure everything is on the up and up.  I ain't tryin' to deal with no poe-poe. I've been quite busy today, but its all work that I love.  I'm so happy to see things might be gradually picking up a little.  I'm a big dreamer and already have some awesome plans for when things start to get really moving.  With the start of July coming tomorrow, I have to think about some goals I'd like to accomplish, and while I'd love to see this thing of mine grow over night into something huge, I'll just settle with slowly making a few sales at a time. 



 
Today's tiny production.  Cards package and sealed, Mr. Steve's card ready to hand over to Sarah, and my newly designed cards ready to be photographed tomorrow. 

Things are happening slowly over here, but their happening.  I'm so happy I've decided to share this journey :) 

Til Next Time 

xo Ensley

No comments

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2014 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative